Thursday, April 30, 2009

Organic Baby


It can get so expensive to give your baby organics. I was unable to nurse my baby past 6 months and organic formula is RIDICULOUS. I passed in that department but fed him organic solids when ever possible.
Conventional Gerber baby food is around .50 a jar.
Organic Gerber is about $1 a jar.
It is a pretty steep jump but I found a way to make organic baby food cheaper than even conventional. I made my own.

It was so easy and so fun. All you really need is a food processor and something to store it in. I used ice cube trays and empty baby food jars.
Using this websight,
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com
and this book I found great information.

The book is around $13 new and $5 used (on Amazon). I borrowed mine but I will definitely buy my own copy next time around. It is a great investment. It has an index in the back that goes through every fruit and vegetable. It tells you when your baby is ready for it and how to prepare it. Most vegetable you have to cook but a lot of fruits are ready to be mashed and eaten. Our favorites were banana and apple sauce. I just buy unsweetened applesauce. They are cheapest things to feed him. If any one wants a further lesson I will be happy to help. It is really fun and not at all as hard as it sounds.

*To save even more money, only buy organic when they are on the dirty dozen.*

No comments:

Post a Comment